Master In Equity
Monday - Friday
Holds hearings for contested and uncontested non-jury matters:
- Hears cases referred or transferred by consent of attorneys or by Order of the Chief Administrative Judge of the Circuit Court.
- Schedules pre-trial conferences and hears pre-trial motions.
- Researches applicable law.
- Issues written Orders.
- Advertises foreclosure properties.
- Handles all post-trial motions.
- Hears appeals for Magistrate and Probate Court rulings.
- Coordinates and performs the monthly Master's Sale.
- Coordinates and implements any and all administrative matters necessary to the proper function of the office.
Master of Equity Sales are held at Noon in Room 211 of the Sumter County Courthouse.
Most sales are held the First Monday of every Month.
PLEASE read the Master In Equity Sales Procedure document
NOTE: Properties are subject to be pulled from the Sale without notice until Sales Day.
To search for items available for sale from the Master-In-Equity, search the 'Court Roster' and select 'Master-in-Equity' in the dropdown.