Master In Equity
Judge King will serve as the Acting Sumter County Master-in-Equity until the vacancy is filled.
Monday - Friday
Holds hearings for contested and uncontested non-jury matters:
- Hears cases referred or transferred by consent of attorneys or by Order of the Chief Administrative Judge of the Circuit Court.
- Schedules pre-trial conferences and hears pre-trial motions.
- Researches applicable law.
- Issues written Orders.
- Advertises foreclosure properties.
- Handles all post-trial motions.
- Hears appeals for Magistrate and Probate Court rulings.
- Coordinates and performs the monthly Master's Sale.
- Coordinates and implements any and all administrative matters necessary to the proper function of the office.
Master of Equity Sales are held at 12:00 Noon in Room 211 of the Sumter County Courthouse.
Most sales are held the First Monday of every Month.
PLEASE read the Master In Equity Sales Procedure document
NOTE: Properties are subject to be pulled from the Sale without notice until Sales Day.
To search for items available for sale from the Master-In-Equity, search the 'Court Roster' and select 'Master-in-Equity' in the dropdown.