District 4 - Charles T. Edens
3250 Home Place Road
Sumter, SC 29150
Mobile Phone: 803-236-5759
Charles T. Edens was born in Sumter, South Carolina. He is a graduate of Clemson University where he received his B.A. and Master’s Degrees in Agriculture.
Mr. Edens is married to Bobbi LeMoyne Edens. He and his wife have been blessed with three children: Ashleigh Brienne, Charles T. Edens, Jr., and Curtis-Lynne, all graduates of Clemson University. Councilman Edens is also the proud grandfather of four grandchildren.
Trinity United Methodist Church in Sumter, South Carolina is Councilman Edens' place of spiritual worship. He is the former owner of the Free Weight Gym.
Mr. Edens has served on Council since 1999. During his tenure, he completed the South Carolina Association of County Governments (Public Affairs Department) Levels one and two certification courses for County Officials. He has graduated twice from the S.C. Economic Development School.
Councilman Edens is a member of:
- The Santee-Lynches Council on Government, Board of Directors
- The Greater Sumter Chamber of Commerce
- Sumter County Council Fiscal, Tax, and Property Committee, Internal Affairs Committee, City-County Liaison Committee, and Land Use Committee
- Wilson Hall Board of Directors
- Shaw Air Force Base Community Committee
- USC Associates
- South Carolina Association Of Counties Board of Directors
Councilman Edens has also served as:
- President of South Carolina Association of Counties
- Member of the Sumter City/County Planning Commission
Mr. Edens was one of the partners in H. C. Edens, Jr. and Sons, Inc., which was a one-hundred year-old family Agricultural Business. He has served as President of S.C. Young Farmers Association, a member of Peanut Growers Cooperative Marketing Association, member of the S.C. Peanut Board, and a member of the National Peanut Board. This viable business produced peanuts, corn, cotton, wheat and soybeans. H.C. Edens, Jr. and Sons also raised and marketed turkeys through their Dalzell Company.
Currently, Councilman Edens is employed with Berkshire Hathaway Home Services/John M. Brabham Real Estate.
The Councilman enjoys attending sporting events, exercising, and preserving the environment.