Sumter County has nine Recycling Centers strategically located throughout the county for the collection of municipal solid waste, C&D debris, yard debris and recyclables. The Recycling Centers are open to Sumter County residents only. No waste is accepted from private industries or commercial entities.
Recycling Centers Locations
- 4620 Cane Savannah Rd., Sumter
- 113 Ranier Blvd., Sumter
- 3995 Pinewood Rd., Sumter
- 815 Bethel Church Rd. , Sumter
- 2860 Queens Chapel Rd., Sumter
- 60 Alligator Branch Rd.
- 3665 Spencer Rd. , Sumter
- 2680 Stamey Livestock Rd., Sumter
- 800 Pleasant Grove Road, Lynchburg
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 7 p.m.
(closed Tuesday and Thursday)
Recycling is essential for the future of Sumter County citizens. Our landfill is overflowing with reusable materials. Filling the landfill with these items is costly for citizens. Sumter County’s goal is to divert 35 percent of these materials entering the landfill to some other useful means by recycling and source separation